Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Mitch McConnell: Jobs Schmobs, We Want Obama to be a One Term President!




Somebody give this guy a piece of lettuce,
and maybe he'll go away. Image from
Think Progress
Every time I see Sen. Mitch McConnell on the TV machine, I'm a contorted mess of reactions. First, I can't stop seeing the man as a turtle, and then I feel bad. But then I remember that I myself am not a particularly photogenic human, and therefore am sort of allowed to poke fun at the likewise challenged. Second, I get irritated because McConnell is the embodiment of a pandering, posturing, talking point machine who will say whatever is on this weeks list of Things That Republicans Are Saying This Week. Like whomever happens to be leading up the DNC or RNC, or whomever any given president trots out on the Sunday shows, McConnell is just reading from a script. He may have written part of it, but it's a script.

Not every person interviewed on Meet the Press or Face the Nation is a partisan parrot, but McConnell surely is. So the third thing that hits me is, "If I were a Republican, how would I react to this man?" And I simply can't imagine it. He has to be one of the least charismatic, least inspiring politicians in Washington, this side of Lindsay Graham. And he's still openly admitting that making Obama a one-term president is his A#1 priority, ahead of jobs, ahead of everything. And gee, how could you make that more likely? Crash the economy on purpose! Think he can do that, and escape notice?

[Excerpt]

In Midst Of Debt Ceiling Standoff, McConnell Reaffirms That Defeating Obama Is GOP’s ‘Single Most Important’ Goal

Last October, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell confessed that his “single most important” objective was to make “President Obama to be a one-term president.” In an interview on Fox News Sunday this morning, host Bret Baier asked McConnell if his motivations in the midst of the debt ceiling negotiations are still to defeat Obama. McConnell reaffirmed that it is indeed his “single most important political goal” next year. . .

Read more at: Think Progress