Courtney Porter, Miss Leeds Area, was crowned Miss Alabama 2011 on June 12, 2011. She will represent Alabama in Miss America 2012 Pageant to be held in Spring next year.
Porter is an Auburn University graduate, majoring in communications. Porter tap danced to “I’ve Got Rhythm” for the talent portion of competition.
Miss Tennessee Valley KeLeigh Edwards of Smiths Station was named the first runner-up. The second runner-up was Hailey Bagwell, Miss Point Mallard, while Chandler Champion, Miss Center Point, was named the third runner-up.
Fourty-eight young women competed for the Miss Alabama title at Samford University this week. The top ten finalists for the title were, in the order they were called:
- Miss Smiths Station Jordan Dailey, 21, of Trussville
- Miss Central Alabama Rebecca Whitlow, 23, of Muscle Shoals
- Miss Auburn University Emilee Williams, 19, of Athens
- Miss Trussville Area Anna Laura Bryan, 21, of Decatur
- Miss Hoover Brittany Finley, 24, of Trussvile
- Miss University of Alabama Valerie Stewart, 21, of Camden
- Miss Leeds Area Courtney Porter, 24, of Clay
- Miss Center Point Chandler Champion, 18, of Leeds
- Miss Tennessee Valley KeLeigh Edwards, 19, of Smiths Station
- Miss Point Mallard Haley Bagwell, 21, of Hoover
Special thanks and credits to OANOW.COM & BeautyPageantNews
source: (Thank you and credits to
and all sources for the information and pictures)