|Image from source, MSNBC|
- This crime happened in 1989. 22 freaking years ago.
- This guy was in his mid-40s, but was in his early 20s when this happened. Very different ages.
- One of the other guys associated with this crime seems just as likely to have done it.
- 7 out of 9 witnesses have recanted their testimony. That's a lot.
- Despite pleas from former President Jimmy Carter and the friggin' POPE, the US Supreme Court wouldn't hear it. Which means nothing would sway them I guess.
I have no idea if Troy Davis was guilty. But the possibility is very, very frightening. If this man wasn't guilty, I can only hope that the attention he has drawn will help prevent any further innocent people from being executed.