Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Elizabeth Taylor Really Had Violet Eyes

I'm not sure that this shot of Liz, from Cleopatra is historically
accurate. Image from source.
Things can get a little heavy around here. So, thankfully, Stupid Monkey Planet sent me something a little lighter today. I always heard that Elizabeth Taylor had "violet eyes," but I guess I never tried to find out for myself. After all, I'm a child of the eighties, an era when Taylor was the butt of Joan Rivers' fat jokes. Anyway, file this away in your pop-culture brain zone. They really were purple.


[Excerpt]


Did Elizabeth Taylor Really Have Violet Eyes? 

Elizabeth Taylor will be remembered for many things — her passionate performances in films, fondness for expensive jewelry, multiple marriages and, of course, those famous violet eyes.

Thanks to colored contact lenses, anyone can have violet-colored eyes these days. Taylor didn't come by her purple peepers that way; the first tinted contact lenses weren't commercially available until 1983. Taylor's eye color was the real deal. . .

Read more at: Life's Little Mysteries